Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4th - Day 2 - RIU Caribe

Breakfast
We got up and ate breakfast at the buffet.

Shopping
It started out looking a little iffy for swimming. We took the bus to a Flea Market down the street. (I had to literally pull mom back onto the curb because she thought she could cross the street when traffic was coming. It was very scary, but  it takes her a while to even get started moving and down the curb...I don't know what she was thinking.) The Flea Market was small, and most people were boarding the ferry for Isla Mujeres there. Choppy ocean day though.

La Isla
They have an upscale mall on the ocean. They have a lot of nice things, and one store had the most amazing pair of boots. They were so stylish, but the heel wasn't 5" high. I would have bought them in a second, but they were too big and it was the only pair they had. They were only $39 Pesos.

Plaza Caracol
We took another bus to Plaza Caracol, which is a nice indoor mall across from the RIU Cancun.

Coral Negro Flea Market
On our way to the Flea Market, we saw another Pharmacy and they had Levaquin for a good price and they had my Birth Control pills for only $2.00 more than I pay for them at home. I bought some as a back-up.

The Flea Market was so aggressive today. Not sure if we were too hot and tired at that point, but we weren't even interested because they were so annoying.

RIU Cancun
We walked back to the RIU Cancun and looked around and had lunch. They had a great buffet, but the dining area was a lot smaller than at the RIU Caribe. The hotel is beautiful though. I would definitely recommend it. It's really large though.

Naps
I started out taking a little nap on the balcony again, but woke up 'cuz I was chilly. It is always so breezy, so I moved inside. They hadn't cleaned our room yet either, so I just got us some fresh towels.

Blog
I came down to blog (in my P.J.'s that look like shorts and a top), and needed an outlet. I sat with a boy from California who said he's disappointed that there's only people from Arkansas and other countries. LOL

The Situation
I left mom upstairs to take a shower. The bathtub is so huge, marble, and hard to get into that they put a little wooden step there. I told her not to use the stool, but insead to put the towel at the end and sit on it and flip her legs in. It is even hard for me to get in it!

Entertainment
They were making all sorts of Margaritas in the lobby. Then, they had Mariachis at 8:15 and Karaoke at 9:00 p.m. There was a couple from the U.S. who sand the Cheryl Crow and Kid Rock song...they were good, and then, there was another guy who sang really, really well who was also from the U.S. The guy from England was awful...he sang "Red, Red Wine."

Dinner
We had a 9:30 p.m. reservation at the Mexican restaurant. I had a really tasty chicken dish and mom had chicken and steak Fajitas.

Blogging Again
I came down to blog again, but my computer needed updates first. Mom was bored reading her book, so she went upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment